Formula X The 22: The Chromes & The Electrics

This post has been a long time coming. Today I have the Formula X 22 for you, but I've split it up into a few posts.

When Sephora announced they had reworked Formula X polishes and were doing a whole big new release thing, I was obsessed with all the pictures I saw. Then blogs started doing one or two polishes and that obsession grew. I researched, I stalked the colors online, and finally I decided my best bet for getting more polishes for less money was to get the mini set they were releasing, called The 22. As you can tell by the name, it was 22 minis of what was sure to be the best, most intriguing colors. Right? Wrong!!! There are some good polishes in this collection, but I did the math. ME! I DID MATH! Let me break it down for you.

Altogether there are 186 new Formula X polishes from 14 different "collections." There are literally 250,164,152,909,462,667,129,982,757,820 different combinations they could have put together. Well, Sephora picked combination snooze city. If you are just starting out building a collection, this could actually be a great way to get some basic colors and a few fun top coats. The formula on all the polishes is great. But being the polish obsessed person I am, I pretty much own almost all of these in one form or another. I wish they had chosen to include at least one polish from each collection versus just 6, and most of them coming from the classics and neutrals collection.

WHEW! Did you make it through all that, now lets look at some polishes! Today I have the Chromes and the Electrics for you.


Need for Speed, 3 coats, silver chrome. This one was a bit streaky on the first coat but evened out alright.


Rocket Fuel, 2 coats, hunter green chrome. This one shows every imperfection. 


Racy, 2 coats, lavender chrome. This one had the best formula of the 4. 


Vroom,  rose gold chrome, 2 coats. 


Radioactive, lime green, 3 coats. This one reminds me of the slime from Muntant Ninja Turtles. It's a jelly, but is opaque in a few coats. 


Haphazard, grape purple, 3 coats. Another jelly, but it didn't build up well. Over white, this one might do well. 


Zap, chartreuse yellow, 4 coats. This polish is a weird color for my skin tone, so it doesn't look great on me.

I'll be showing you the other polishes soon. What do you think of these 7?

Enjoy & until tomorrow, Amy Lee

*all polishes featured in this post were purchased by me


Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives